Let’s get real, what is a holiday party without drinks? This year impress your guests with a selection of 8 Holiday Mocktails Recipes, that are so good no one will even notice that they are sans alcohol.
We hope that you enjoy this years round-up of holiday mocktail recipes for new and expecting mothers.
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/3 c. bourbon or rum (optional)
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Combine milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a small saucepan over low heat. Slowly bring mixture to a low boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until yolks are pale in color. Slowly add hot milk mixture to egg yolks in batches to temper the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat until slightly thick (and coats the back of a spoon) but does not boil. (If using a candy thermometer, mixture should reach 160º.)
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream and, if using, booze.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- When ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon.
Candy Cane Sparkler
- 32 oz 100% pomegranate juice
- 2 cups sugar, or 1 cup Domino Blend, or 3-4 tablespoons Stevia, half the calories of sugar, zero calories
- 2 8 oz cans sparkling water, Lime LaCroix , Orange and Cran-Raspberry are great too
- 8candy canes, sugar free is optional
- In a saucepan, bring pomegranate juice to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by half about 15 – 20 minutes. Add sugar/natural sweetener and stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour into sealable container and refrigerate until completely chilled (will last several weeks in the fridge).
- Combine ½ cup flavored water with 1 ½ – 2 tablespoons grenadine, to taste.
- Fill with ice and stir gently then add the candy cane and serve!
- 1 12 ounce frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate
- 3 cup cold water
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or fresh work too
- 1 bottle Sparkling Grape Juice
In a small pitcher mix frozen lemonade concentrate and three cups of water.
For ice-cubes sprinkle raspberries into an ice cube tray and then slowly pour the raspberry lemonade mix over them. Set the remaining drink mix aside until later.
When ready to serve add ice cubes to each glass and pour about one tablespoon of the raspberry lemonade in the bottom of each glass.
Top off the glass with sparkling grape juice and toast!
Apple Cider Martini
- 1/2 c. apple cider
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 1 splash pomegranate juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine ingredients. Pour into a wine glass and add a cinnamon stick for garnish.
Hot Cocoa-Chocolate Coin Shots
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Prepared hot cocoa
- Chocolate coins
- Spread the Nutella around the rim of mini glass shots or a small tumbler.
- Dip into chocolate sprinkles.
- Pour hot cocoa in cup and serve with chocolate coin.
- If you are feeling extra festive, dust top of drinks with cocoa powder.
T-Bar Choppin Cosmo
- 2 oz. cranberry juice
- 1 oz. blood orange juice
- ½ oz. lime juice
Preparation for cranberry brittle:
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup chopped dry cranberries
- Cook the sugar and water until it becomes light caramel.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cranberries.
- Spread the mixture on a flat pan in a thin layer.
- Let cool and break into small chunks.
Combine liquid ingredients; serve on the rocks and garnish with cranberry brittle.
Apple Barley Old Fashioned
- 1 oz strong-brewed chilled barley tea bag (poured from 10 oz of hot water brewed with two tea bags)
- 1/3 dropper Angostura bitters
- 5 dashes molasses bitters
- .25 oz simple syrup
- .5 oz apple cider
- Splash of club soda – optional
Stir ingredients and garnish with an orange swath and two Luxardo cherries.
- .75 oz chardonnay vinegar (see recipe below)
- .5 ounce rosemary simple syrup
- Sparkling water, to taste
Steep rosemary in simple syrup for several hour to overnight. Add vinegar and rosemary simple syrup to a shaker along with a dash of water. Shake with ice and strain into a Collins glass filled with ice. Top with sparkling water. Stir until combined and garnish with a rosemary sprig.